In celebration of Almo Corporation’s 75 years in business, this year at InfoComm 2021, Almo Professional A/V (InfoComm Booth #3328) the Pro A/V industry’s most dynamic distributor, is focusing on 75 ways of giving back. During InfoComm, Almo is making a $4,075 donation to the AVIXA Michael Vergauwen Scholarship to invest in future AV professionals, and donating thousands of dollars-worth of private-label brand furniture featured in the Almo booth to the West Orange Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
“As a company, giving back to our industries and communities is the most productive and rewarding way to celebrate our 75th anniversary milestone,” explained Sam Taylor, executive vice president and COO for Almo Professional A/V. “We’ve carefully selected 75 different organizations representing causes that are important to us, both professionally and personally. AVIXA’s Michael Vergauwen Scholarship is especially significant as we are passionate about mentoring and supporting those who will lead the AV industry in the decades to come.”
Taylor added, “We are looking forward to reconnecting with our industry partners in person this year at InfoComm and we have ample booth space to do so. We are also hosting several special breaks with refreshments and prizes in the Almo booth.”
The Almo booth will feature the following on Wednesday, October 27, courtesy of Almo vendor partners:
- 9:00–10:30 a.m. Breakfast with Almo at Tiffany’s
Coffee, cappuccinos, espressos and pastries
Attendees can enter to win a $250 gift card to Tiffany & Co.
Sponsored by Barco
- 1:30-3:00 p.m. Get Iced with Almo
Hand-scooped Haagen Dazs ice cream
Attendees can register to win a $100 gift card
Sponsored by Legrand
- 3:30-5:00 p.m. Happy Hour
Wine and beer to wrap up the day on the show floor
Attendees can register to win a Kegerator
Sponsored by Sharp and Sharp/NEC
75 Ways of Giving Back – Local Action
- AVIXA’s Michael Vergauwen Foundation. Almo’s monetary donation will be applied to the scholarships for students in pursuit of a technical or advanced degree towards an audiovisual career. They are one-time awards paid towards tuition for applicants studying a subject related to AV at a community or technical college, or those entering at least their third year of undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited program.
- West Orange Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore. Proceeds from sales are put toward building affordable homes for deserving families. The products set for donation can be found in the Almo booth throughout InfoComm and include modern seating, several full dining sets, a mango wood and iron console table, and a mango wood end table.