Atlantic Technology continues to expand its presence in the in-home audio category with the introduction of its in-ceiling loudspeaker series AZURE. With this launch of the five AZURE speakers atop the eight IC Series, the company now offers a total of 13 premium architectural solutions.
AZURE, a level up from the IC Series, is comprised of three 6.5- and two 8-inch two-way loudspeakers. The speakers are timbre-matched to Atlantic Technology’s in-room and in-wall speakers to provide further custom integration options.
The company has increased its dealer margin in its IC Series and across the AZURE series, and has upped its in-ceiling speaker warranty for both the IC and AZURE Series from five years to Limited Lifetime.
AZURE’s woofers utilize Atlantic Technology’s new lightweight, low-resonance-formed fiberglass cones—the same material found in its award-winning flagship 8600 and AT-3 H-PAS towers. The fiberglass provides uniformity, stiffness and speed. The cones are designed in a new curved shape to reduce distortion from break-up, resulting in improved midrange clarity. The woofers use high-temperature voice coils with a magnet structure and a vented pole piece along with butyl rubber surrounds. The woofer is contained in a new non-resonant enclosure design with a horn-shaped profile for wide uniform mid-range dispersion.
High frequencies are handled by the company’s coated silk dome Low Resonance Tweeter (LRT™). These wide-dispersion tweeters utilize Ferrofluid cooling and efficient Neodymium magnets. They have a lower crossover point (than that of typical in-ceiling speakers) with a computer-optimized second order network composed of precision audiophile-grade components and a resettable polyswitch protection circuit. The tweeters are mounted on a new bridge designed to reduce interaction with the woofer. Additionally, 30° orbital pivoting allows installers to optimize sound to the listening area.
Series models include:
- AZURE AZ600 6.5-inch: Includes new acoustically optimized horn, fiberglass woofers, more advanced crossover components and speaker terminals, greater power handling. (Step-up from entry-level IC Series IC-6.1 S)
- AZURE AZ610 6.5-inch and AZ810 8-inch: Designed for more demanding sonic performance with step-up features plus front-mounted tweeter level controls. (Step-ups to IC-6.2 and IC-8.2)
- AZURE AZ620 6.5-inch and AZ820 8-inch: In addition to step-up features, these are Tri-mode™ dual-voice coil/dual tweeter ultra-thin bezel speakers and can be configured for conventional mono use, single-point stereo or dipole surround. (Step-ups to IC-6.3 and IC-8.3)
Custom integrator-friendly features include:
- ultra-thin bezel paintable magnetic grilles
- secure quick-clamp mounting
- heavy-duty gold-plated push-on terminals
Optional are square, thin bezel grilles; back boxes and pre-construction brackets. Both series of in-ceiling speakers integrate with the brand’s in-wall subwoofers.
“With this in-ceiling initiative, Atlantic Technology is giving independent dealers buying group style purchase power with competitive prices, strong obtainable margins, free shipping from both coasts and no COVID-related shortages,” said Paul Muto, principal of Muto Communications – the PR and Business Development agency of record for Atlantic Technology.