Technology company Olibra, developer of the Bond Bridge RF-to-WIFI platform, has released the findings of its recent survey of 100K active motorized shade users. The survey identifies what homeowners seek in shades and smart control and indicates that abundant sales opportunities exist in the category for custom integrators (CI’s).
Key points from the survey and takeaways for CI’s are:
• Many homeowners want to add more shades in the future (50% – Yes, 24% – Maybe)
Meaning – CI’s should follow-up with their existing clients
• 52% of homeowners have added more motorized shades since their first purchase
Meaning – New business can be gained by following-up with existing clients
• 64% would like ALL their shades to be motorized
Meaning – Just like above, new business can be gained by following-up with existing clients
• Aesthetics, Connectivity and Build Quality are the three key shade features for them
Meaning – Lead your sales efforts with these features
• Schedules, Grouping, Positioning, More Control Options are most desired control features
Meaning – Make sure your control features key-in on these specifics
• Six is the average number of motorized shades per home with 54% having nine or more
Meaning – The typical homeowner has headroom for more shades
• Installations are done almost on a 50/50 basis by Pros versus DIY
Meaning – There are an abundant amount of opportunities
• Clients find that batteries last 6 months or less (43% – 6 months, 22% – 4 months)
Meaning – If you sell battery powered shades, be sure to follow-up inside of 6 months
“Our survey findings indicate that homeowners are hungry for more motorized shades and better control. And in serving this demand, the Bond Bridge platform is being adopted by more and more leading shade brands industrywide. There is no better time for CI’s to get onboard and take advantage of these opportunities,” says Bond Home CEO Zohar Shinar.
The Bond Home portfolio makes it easy for the CI to bring advanced control regardless of brand.
The Bond Bridge ($99) and Bond Bridge Pro ($379) consolidate and unify control of shades from:
–Shade motor manufacturers: Nice, Somfy, J. Geiger, Rollease Acmeda, Bofu, A-OK, Dooya, Gaposa, MotionBlinds / Coulisse, PowerShades, J-Star, BTX and Trax, with more to come
–Home automation platforms: Control4, Crestron, Elan, Savant, RTI, URC, Homebridge, Hubitat
-Voice activation platforms: Josh.ai, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and SmartThings
Bond Home Sidekick Keypads
Bond’s wireless, battery-powered Sidekick for Shades keypad provides direct RF control of shades and awnings that utilize Rollease Acmeda, Somfy, Dooya, Nice and AMP motors. The Sidekick Scene Keypad can trigger events of shades, entertainment, HVAC, and lighting systems through Control4, Elan, RTI and URC home automation systems. (Both Sidekicks MSRP for $79).
To view the shade survey in its entirety, click here: https://hubs.ly/Q01FsFSY0