Lutron will begin to ship in December the newest member of its HomeWorks portfolio: the Alisse wall control, designed for use with its HomeWorks whole-home automation system. It features a thin profile and subtle illumination around the buttons, and comes in a broad range of hand-crafted finishes to complement any décor. Beyond its pleasing aesthetics is the device’s game-changing technology as well as Lutron’s flexible personalization and ordering process, making it simple to specify and install.
Sam Chambers, senior director of Lutron’s Residential Business, discusses the company’s scrupulous attention to detail: “At the heart of the Alisse wall control is Lutron’s understanding that every detail matters when designing a home and that technology’s role should be to enhance the design vision, not distract from it,” he said. “The Alisse wall control’s uncompromising approach to aesthetics through its craftsmanship, style, versatility, and harmonious form bring design visions to life in a beautiful way.”
Lutron uses a hand finishing process to bring out the dimension and hues of the genuine materials, and offers a range of signature metal finishes that stretch across the style continuum. Each finish is matched with crisp engraving filled with a carefully coordinated ink as well as a complementary thin, glowing halo around the buttons to complete the look. The Alisse wall control’s plate form is perfectly balanced, featuring a sleek, thin profile that protrudes less than 1/8th of an inch from the wall.
The Alisse wall control offers several personalization options—including custom engraving and multiple button configurations—but does so in innovative way. Lutron decoupled the wall plate, button configuration, and finish selection from the installation and programming process to allow the base unit to be ordered, installed, and programmed independent of the Alisse wall control plate, which easily snaps on when the button configuration, finish selection, and engraving details have been finalized. This approach allows homeowners to make both design choices and changes up until the end of the installation.
Lutron also provides a protective cover plate for the base unit to prevent damage from construction debris and created a suite of e-tools to make ordering of products and customizations quick and easy.
Additional features of the Alisse wall control include:
• All-new Signature Metal Collection – a range of handcrafted metal finishes (aged bronze, aged brass, brushed brass, champagne, satin nickel, graphite, and bright chrome) and painted metal colors (matte black, brilliant white, snow white, and architectural white) to fit a range of interiors.
• Resistant to wear, fingerprints, and stains – uses a proprietary preservation process that does not compromise the luxurious feel of the material.
• Personalized to fit lifestyles – features precise engraving, which gives homeowners the ability to name the specific scenes they want to achieve, and one-, two-, and three-column button configurations to suit the needs of any space.
• Integrated by design – designed to seamlessly integrate with Lutron’s HomeWorks system to ensure that the experience in the home is simple and reliable.
• Flexible mounting options- one-, two-, and three-column controls mount within a European, single-gang, square backbox. “Lutron considered every detail when designing this product,” said Chambers. “We imagined an elegant form, machined from a solid metal plate, and hand finished and grained to perfection with just a hint of powerful technology. But we didn’t stop there. Our teams thought about how they could innovate in every aspect of the product and make design, ordering, installation, and programming better for everyone.”