PowerShades, a provider of customized manual and automated window shades for residential, commercial, and hospitality applications, is the latest company to unveil new products at CEDIA Expo 2023. From September 7-9, 2023, PowerShades will present Version 2.0 of its TruePoE automated window shades at Booth #532.
“Now, with PoE 2.0, our customers are able to do even more with the fast, convenient, and cost-saving power of PoE,” said Ryan Chacon, PowerShades president, in a press release. We can provide coverage for bigger windows, offer more features and functionality, deliver library-level quiet, and much more. Version 2.0 is really taking the world of automated shades to another level.”
PowerShades Version 2.0 PoE Automated Window Shades Features
The new TruePoE shades retain all the benefits of the original model, but with several added features that enhance the shades’ performance and reliability. New features include:
- Up to 6Nm torque capability, meaning PowerShades can now manufacture its custom PoE shades to offer a maximum shade size of up to 19’ (subject to fabric weight and thickness).
- Upgraded CPU and electronics, including 13x processing power, with ARM Cortex M7 Technology, and 10x more code space.
- More dry-contact functions, including “Stop” and “Favorite.”
- Enhanced networking stack, enabling new features such as VLAN Tagging capable and IPV6 support.
- A built-in web server offering configuration of motor and limits, modification of network setting, programmable dry-contact functionality, and advanced diagnostics.
The new model also has a low-voltage PoE motor under 50V DC and does not require the services of a licensed electrician or special certifications, reducing expenses and time during installation. With Version 2.0 of TruePoE automated window shades, customers will have the option to install a PoE 2.0 motor to any new PowerShades indoor product.
Version 2.0 of TruePoE automated window shades will continue to have a single run of CAT5 cable to provide power and communication and eliminate the need for proprietary hard wiring, similar to the original model. This ensures that power is coming from a single central source and more information can be transferred over the network. The new shades, like all of PowerShades’ RF automated shades, also include:
- Cloud connectivity for smartphone, tablet, and PC control from anywhere in the world.
- The ability to develop and deploy groups, scenes, and schedules across multiple facilities.
- Limit setting.
- Soft start and stop.
- Favorite position setting.
- Low power consumption.
The PoE-automated shades from PowerShades are compatible with a range of home and industrial automation systems, including Amazon Alexa, BondBridge, RTI, Google Home, SmartThings, Crestron, ELAN, Control4, and URC.